Birchgrove Public School logo

Birchgrove Public School

Birchgrove Public School

To strive

Telephone02 9810 2469


Primary School Enrolment

For primary school enrolment please see below.

Details regarding preschool enrolment can be found here.

Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

In NSW government schools, applying to move from primary school to high school is a 2-step process that starts with an Expression of Interest. Visit the moving to high school page to learn more about the process.

  • If you have received an offer from our school for placement into Year 7 next year, the next step is to visit online enrolment to proceed with the offer and complete the enrolment application.
  • If you did not submit an expression of interest or are not eligible, visit online enrolment to start a new application to our school.
  • If you submitted your expression of interest using a paper form, or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Proof of student's residential address

Birchgrove Public School has a designated intake area. The school therefore utilises the the following 100 point residential address check to verify that the student being presented for enrolment lives within the intake area. 

Supporting documentation showing the full name of the child's parent as detailed below. 

40 Points for one of the following:

1.1 Council rates notice

1.2 Lease agreement through a registered real estate agency for a period of at least 6 months or rental board bond receipt.

1.3 Exchanged contract of sale with settlement to occur within the applicable school year.

20 points

2.1 Private rental agreement for a period of at least 6 months.

2.2 Centrelink payment statement showing home address

2.3 Electoral roll statement.

15 points for any of the following documents:

3.1 Electricity or gas bill showing the service address*

3.2 Water bill showing the service address*

3.3 Telephone or internet bill showing the service address*

3.4 Drivers licence or government issued ID showing home address*

3.5 Home building or home contents insurance showing the service address

3.6 Motor vehicle registration or compulsory third party insurance policy showing home address

3.7 Statutory declaration stating the child's residential address, how long they have lived there, and supporting information or documentation of this.

* up to three months old

Change of details

Please fill in this form and email it to to change:

  • a student's residential address, proof of address is required; please place a tick next to anyone residing with the student
  • contact numbers
  • emergency contact details

Please communicate any other changes relating to a student, such as health conditions and court orders to the school as soon as possible.

School Tours

School tours are run by our senior students & cover both the Primary School & Preschool facilities. They are held on the first Friday of each calendar month, beginning in March 2024.

Bookings are not required. Please come to the front office at 9.35am to sign-in prior to the tour commencing.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.

Change of details

Please advise of any updates to enrolment information as they happen. Changes such as the address where a student resides, to who lives with a student, contact details of both parents and